• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

I just want to point one thing out.

If you WORK at the WorldHub, you are permitted to stay. But, if you are a visitor and have no relations with the WorldHub, you should refrain from settling down here.

If you WORK at the WorldHub, you are permitted to stay. But, if you are a visitor and have no relations with the WorldHub, you should refrain from settling down here.
Worker=Vorsprung.

i think there should be a place to build small shops, like a trading outposts.

for example:
derpy has an awesome wool shop in woodkeep.
derpy want to sell to more people.
derpy build a small thingy in the worldhub to sell things.
derpy is happy.

i suddenly had another idea. an awesome and HUGE storage for people to store things safely.
and because of towny and the fact that oly trusted people can acces things in the worldhub. this would work.

Well if we have hotels for rent, that could be a nice source of income. Just a thought.

All these things are happening, bros!

Caretakers (i.e. myself and select others I elect on a temporary basis) are the only ones who live at WorldHub.
Really, it would be only me.
However, Xraptor will be allowed a special office in the WorldHub Pinnacle.

A NOTE ON OFFICES
There will only be a few offices. These will be for people with important roles in the Federation / WorldHub.
For example, Kurtis, as Lead Designer, will have an office.
Xraptor, as WorldGuard Commander, will have an office.
I will have a office (maybe).
These will be located at the very top of the WorldHub and will be very small.

Addressing Max:
WorldHub ain't a city where people live. Sure, I'll be living there, but I'll more-or-less be forever alone, lol.
I don't know if Xraptor belongs to a city (I'm assuming Cydonia are doing something), but regardless, he'll have a home at the WorldHub.

A NOTE ON SHOPS
If someone wants to build a shop, they must ask the council first.
Other than that, they're free to go off and build a shop in the designated areas, which, much like the embassies, will be 1-chunk outposts in the south of the WorldHub.
Note here that embassies can also be the location of trading points. Shops will only be given to people not aligned to a town.
However, a town member or mayor can approach the council and ask to extend their embassy, if they want to.
Embassies can work as shops in that aspect.
It's entirely up to the aforesaid town to decide if they want to use their embassy as a shop.

A NEW INTIATIVE! THE WORLDHUB SAFEKEEP
The WorldHub Safekeep, or WorldBank for short, will be a bank where people can choose to address me, and have valuables kept in vaults under WorldHub.
(Good call Dutchy.)

It makes sense, actually, because we'll have so much space under WorldHub, once we're done excavating.
I can make a simple bank area below the train station and above the farming areas.
We could lease out chests at a monthly cost, and people could have their valuables kept in a very safe place.

All these things are happening, bros!

Caretakers (i.e. myself and select others I elect on a temporary basis) are the only ones who live at WorldHub.
Really, it would be only me.
However, Xraptor will be allowed a special office in the WorldHub Pinnacle.

A NOTE ON OFFICES
There will only be a few offices. These will be for people with important roles in the Federation / WorldHub.
For example, Kurtis, as Lead Designer, will have an office.
Xraptor, as WorldGuard Commander, will have an office.
I will have a office (maybe).
These will be located at the very top of the WorldHub and will be very small.

Addressing Max:
WorldHub ain't a city where people live. Sure, I'll be living there, but I'll more-or-less be forever alone, lol.
I don't know if Xraptor belongs to a city (I'm assuming Cydonia are doing something), but regardless, he'll have a home at the WorldHub.

A NOTE ON SHOPS
If someone wants to build a shop, they must ask the council first.
Other than that, they're free to go off and build a shop in the designated areas, which, much like the embassies, will be 1-chunk outposts in the south of the WorldHub.
Note here that embassies can also be the location of trading points. Shops will only be given to people not aligned to a town.
However, a town member or mayor can approach the council and ask to extend their embassy, if they want to.
Embassies can work as shops in that aspect.
It's entirely up to the aforesaid town to decide if they want to use their embassy as a shop.

A NEW INTIATIVE! THE WORLDHUB SAFEKEEP
The WorldHub Safekeep, or WorldBank for short, will be a bank where people can choose to address me, and have valuables kept in vaults under WorldHub.
(Good call Dutchy.)

It makes sense, actually, because we'll have so much space under WorldHub, once we're done excavating.
I can make a simple bank area below the train station and above the farming areas.
We could lease out chests at a monthly cost, and people could have their valuables kept in a very safe place.
*cough* I needz an office.. For being the... Umm... The Director of Fun in Vorsprung's office. ;) *cough*

One question about the WorldBank, since most of the towns will have their own public bank, would the WorldBank be city banks? or just really expensive extremely high security vaults?

One question about the WorldBank, since most of the towns will have their own public bank, would the WorldBank be city banks? or just really expensive extremely high security vaults?
Not really expensive, but just paid high-security vaults.

Also, here are my plans regarding where I will be residing:

I plan to live with my fellow Cydonians in Sharn, that is definite. I might be making a vacation home in New Woodkeep, but this would seem unnecessary since the WorldGuard will (probably) have a base there.

As far as my office, I am honored to take it. I will do all of my Federation business there. (This includes protection plans, law enforcement, and mob resources). I will have to figure something out so that I can do said business in the WorldHub.

Back