The Official T9K Pokemon League

I'll take the 'Doof Challenge any day.

And since it looks like we now have 9 potential Gym Leaders, how is the seeding for those leaders going to work? My first thought is a process like the World Cup group stage:
1. Everyone battles each other once (that would be 8 battles each, right now);
2. Wins earn points, losses do not.
3. Tie breaker comes down to number of remaining Pokemon after each battle (in aggregate);
4. For example: if I win 6 of 8 battles, I earn 6x points for the wins and rank higher than anyone <6x, and lower than anyone >6x. If another Leader also has 6x points, it comes to differential. If I won each of my battles on my last Pokemon, my differential would be +6. If the other leader won 5 battles on her/his last Pokemon and the 6th battle with 2 remaining, her/his differential would be +7 and would rank higher than me but lower than anyone >6x.

Just a suggestion. I've been thinking about this a lot, if that isn't immediately apparent. And I'm happy to volunteer to take on folks who want to try strategies or just battle for fun.

All I keep hearing is that you're bidoof hating assholes...
Crane, you are the closest thing to the champion we have. The reason why I don't have you under the Normal type, is because it would be unfair to anyone else who might want the Normal type to have to go against 6 'do you even lift bro' level bidoofs.

Crane, you are the closest thing to the champion we have. The reason why I don't have you under the Normal type, is because it would be unfair to anyone else who might want the Normal type to have to go against 6 'do you even lift bro' level bidoofs.
To be fair, at the moment, you don't have him under anything. :whistle:

His original type was Bidoof, put him in as Bidoof. It's not as if we ever take anything seriously here at T9k anyways. What could it hurt? :3

So what you're saying you'd rather have no one the normal type gym leader than someone who's willing to put a ridiculous amount of time training a team of level 100 bidoofs? If you are going to let me be a gym leader because you don't think I'm taking it seriously enough then say it. If someone else wants normal type than we can have a match over it like any other type. Why the hate?

So what you're saying you'd rather have no one the normal type gym leader than someone who's willing to put a ridiculous amount of time training a team of level 100 bidoofs? If you are going to let me be a gym leader because you don't think I'm taking it seriously enough then say it. If someone else wants normal type than we can have a match over it like any other type. Why the hate?
Alright.

You,
Me,
Battle to the death.

6 Bidoofs,
Against 6 Eevees

Let's do this.

Disclaimer: I in no way wish to work to get 6 Eevees to that level, I don't have the patience.

What about a Smeagol Smeargle team? You can have a Lot of fun with that xD
Oh god, 6 level 100 Smeargle...all with varying movesets....all with the potential to wipe out any team.

That is a scary thought.

EDIT: Just googled "Mega Smeargle" for shits and giggles.
pAafZmS.jpg

Oh god, 6 level 100 Smeargle...all with varying movesets....all with the potential to wipe out any team.

That is a scary thought.

EDIT: Just googled "Mega Smeargle" for shits and giggles.
pAafZmS.jpg
I could see a Mega Smeargle being Normal/Fairy type, if that were to happen

Hehehe, if I had a 3ds to play Pokemon and make a team, it'd be that. Also, i'm surprised no one else has heard of that setup...

Or, if someone else wants to create this frightening team, i have the exact specifications of how to and in what order certain movesets are learned.

Salvador Doggy and his team of Smeargles x3 x3

What are the rules regarding the Protean ability? Also, I vote we preemptively ban Wobbuffet.

What are the rules regarding the Protean ability? Also, I vote we preemptively ban Wobbuffet.

I believe the idea is that Protean Greninja is allowed, and can manipulate its typing with its moveset even if it violates the type clause of the T9K Gym Leaders. If I am incorrect, please relieve me of my misconception.

Nevertheless, as the present Dark-type Gym Leader (Team Atramentous!) I will not use Protean Greninja. I'm going O.G. with my team.

Not banning any specific pokemon. Unless it, legitimately, becomes a serious issue.

If banning of the Protean ability becomes a thing, then any move/ability that changes a pokemon's type will also be banned.

This means:
Protean
Soak
Forest's Curse
Trick-or-Treat
Camouflage
Conversion
Conversion 2
Reflect Type
Color Change
Multi-type
Electrify
Ion Deluge

Would all be banned, plus any new things that appear in OR/AS.

Considering the limitations already imposed on the members, NONE of these will be banned. It is your decision to use them if you want.

Any rules about multiple members of the same species (excluding legendaries/mega-evolutions)?

My application:
1. StTheo ("Ted" in-game)
2. Ice
3. I've always loved ice Pokémon, as I thought they were both elegant and dangerous. Upon further research I discovered their reputation for not being very reliable competitively, so I started looking to my second choice for type. I went to procure the legendary I wanted for that type from another game, and as I was defeating the Elite 4, one of them said something which kind of inspired me:
Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
It's a bit silly to be inspired by a quote from a game that's practically required to bash you over the head with how Pokémon is supposed to be about love and friendship, but I agree with this quote. I'm going to compete with my favorite Pokémon type and make my ice Pokémon into something to be feared.
4. No clue what my badge will be yet. I'll figure something out.

Any rules about multiple members of the same species (excluding legendaries/mega-evolutions)?

My application:
2. Ice
3. I've always loved ice Pokémon, as I thought they were both elegant and dangerous. Upon further research I discovered their reputation for not being very reliable competitively, so I started looking to my second choice for type. I went to procure the legendary I wanted for that type from another game, and as I was defeating the Elite 4, one of them said something which kind of inspired me:

It's a bit silly to be inspired by a quote from a game that's practically required to bash you over the head with how Pokémon is supposed to be about love and friendship, but I agree with this quote. I'm going to compete with my favorite Pokémon type and make my ice Pokémon into something to be feared.
Mewtwo had the most inspirational quote I've ever heard. Pokemon is a treasure trove of moral lessons and inspiration.

My application:
2. Ice

Crane is using an entire team of Bidoofs, if that answers your question.

Back