The Official T9K Pokemon League

I guess I won't be competing :/

I have been training a team of darks and now i can't even find the post where i clearly remember saying I'd be dark. So idek anymore.

I have been training a team of darks and now i can't even find the post where i clearly remember saying I'd be dark. So idek anymore.
There's no rush. :p Take your time. (And I'm pretty sure that was back in the original Pokemon thread.)

Not that it matters much for me, but will the competition be staunchly USING OSAR games? Is it even possible to cross battle XY AND OSAR games?

Not that it matters much for me, but will the competition be staunchly USING OSAR games? Is it even possible to cross battle XY AND OSAR games?
Due to the new mega evos, no. And the League will be set at the newest set of pokemon games.

Why does Salamences new mega evolution look like the Enterprise
I'm so confused.
1200px-373Salamence-Mega.png

Almost no one is properly prepared so far. There is no rush, you're not far behind. I know some people who haven't even begun assembling their team.

A word of warning, though. If you pick dark, you're competing with ABarbeau.

If he ever comes back.

Almost no one is properly prepared so far. There is no rush, you're not far behind. I know some people who haven't even begun assembling their team.

A word of warning, though. If you pick dark, you're competing with ABarbeau.

If he ever comes back.
I realized that, which is why I was annoyed. I went to the front page to find my name, not his lol.
However, I've never even met ABarbeau

Also, I was right, my dad got me AS today.
& Thanks to Patchie, i have the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (3DS) that I'd been wanting, too!

To make your Pokémon level up faster, I'd suggest lucky eggs (easier to find in ORAS on Pellipers) for a 50% bonus, Pokémon-amie (I think you only need to get to the first heart for a 10% xp bonus), experience O-Powers (use on other players to level them up more frequently) for up to a 100% bonus, and if you have a second game you can get an additional 50% bonus for training the Pokémon over there. When I was finishing up training, I relied on triple battles at Cafe le Wow in Pokémon Y - only needed one O-Power for all of the battles. The Elite-4 is about the only thing that comes close in ORAS, though.

To make your Pokémon level up faster, I'd suggest lucky eggs (easier to find in ORAS on Pellipers) for a 50% bonus, Pokémon-amie (I think you only need to get to the first heart for a 10% xp bonus), experience O-Powers (use on other players to level them up more frequently) for up to a 100% bonus, and if you have a second game you can get an additional 50% bonus for training the Pokémon over there. When I was finishing up training, I relied on triple battles at Cafe le Wow in Pokémon Y - only needed one O-Power for all of the battles. The Elite-4 is about the only thing that comes close in ORAS, though.
I rely on running in circles until patches of grass start shaking with the desired high xp reward Pokémon and murder them over and over again with a lucky egg.

Otherwise, I send them over to my Pokémon Y and abuse the hell out of the wonder trade > rare candy method. (Reason why 95% of my team is lvl 100s)

The best thing in ORAS would be abusing secret base battles with trainers only using level 100 Blisseys. (Most often they only know one move, either healing wish or bestow. :p)

As well, the Elite Four in ORAS have higher levels than the trainers at Cafe le Wow; though the problem is that you can't grind through all of them with just one O-power use.

All 8 badges collected in OR, and team transferred over.

Well... I have about 13 eligible pokemon that I have to figure out which ones I want to go all in with...

But yeah, that's my updated progress.

Oh boy I just spent 4 days playing X and OR. I've got my pokemon transferred and wizzle dizzle. Almost ready :)

1. Elroy
2. Fire
3. Ever since I was a little kid I had this unhealthy obsession with Pokemon. It started as picking out trading cards in their foil packets at 711 at age 7. Then it evolved (ha) to pretending to be Pokemon and Pokemon trainers, and throwing rocks at fat yard duty people at school pretending the rocks were Pokeballs and the yard duty was Pokemon. Then it went to sleep overs of watching Ash getting turned to stone and crying together. And then it progressed to DS link battles at school and those Underground Flag capturing multiplayer thing in Diamond and Pearl. Now I have another opportunity to involve something Pokemon related into my life and complete my Pokedex of memories. :)

EDIT(since people explained why they chose their type I will too) : The Fire type pokemon calls out to me a lot. I admire the nature of flames as well as its behavior. It's a tempered element that is soothing and warm when it's gentle and cared for yet efficient when used with vigor. It both heal and hurts and can act in an instant. If it's out of control it could harm. But it's needed :) and I try to be a paragon of this behavior.

Also I'm told that my ears get red when I'm nervous to the point where they catch on fire. I guess I'm hot headed? (OK I'll stop before I start saying more syrupy stuff)
4. I had 10 minutes to spare before going to the gym (not the Pokemon kind) so I drew this.

The Ignition Badge
badge.png

So, any progress updates? David and I have been fighting for a few days now.

Is anyone else prepared? This was a cool enough idea, I'd like for it to not be dead.

My depression and anxiety kicked into overdrive due to the holidays and, now, planning for PAX, so I haven't been playing as of late.

Back