The Pet Discussion Thread

It's (almost) always fun to play with ferrets, but unfortunately they bite a lot, and it's impossible to tell them to stop biting. It doesn't hurt a lot, but it's very annoying. Ferrets are curious, they like to explore every place in the house and sleep in the comfortable things they find. One day, my ferret tried to jump in the WC, fell inside and was all wet. One day she found a way to go on my house's roof, she was stuck for 2 days under the roof tiles before finding out how to go back in the house.

My cat is almost 19 years old, and I'm not sure she will live more than 1 year. My family agreed on one thing: when the cat dies, we'll acquire a new dog. But it isn't easy to choose which breed... I don't want a huge beast, maybe a medium-size dog... suggestions?
I had a german shepard-black lab mix for a few years, and she was a nice medium sized dog.. A bit rambunctious puppy like even into adulthood, but that was from lack of training (and I swear the canine equivalent of ADHD lol). She needed lots of space to run and play around in though. But, a very good dog overall. :)

I had a german shepard-black lab mix for a few years, and she was a nice medium sized dog.. A bit rambunctious puppy like even into adulthood, but that was from lack of training (and I swear the canine equivalent of ADHD lol). She needed lots of space to run and play around in though. But, a very good dog overall. :)
labs are good family dogs :)
boston terriers too, though they fall in the small dog category

So my cat Mister disappeared for three days, this week (during the whole kitten clusterfuck). We were worried and scared ,that he was stolen or hurt. But he came back this morning, ate everything in sight and then hopped in bed with me. I was lying on my side, and he jumped onto me and violently started kneading my butt with his little paws, as kitties are like to do when they are content. This went on for like, five minutes. It was a little awkward. Then he started nuzzling my face.

So my cat Mister disappeared for three days, this week (during the whole kitten clusterfuck). We were worried and scared ,that he was stolen or hurt. But he came back this morning, ate everything in sight and then hopped in bed with me. I was lying on my side, and he jumped onto me and violently started kneading my butt with his little paws, as kitties are like to do when they are content. This went on for like, five minutes. It was a little awkward. Then he started nuzzling my face.
dat-cat-ass.png

I've had so many pets Q____Q
But these are my current ones.
My dog Lady. She is a sheeskiemo. Half sheltie/half american eskimo dog
P7280303.JPG
And my cat demyx. (named after demyx in kingdom hearts 2.)
Image028.jpg Image035.jpg
Image008.jpg
My family calls her downsyndrome demmy. Because she licks plastic bags, chews on wood and sculptures, scratches at the floors for no reason, and derps all day long. And she enjoys to watch me do the internets.

I have 2 smaller labs. Their names are Fox & Buoy. Fox is red, has a really deep bark, and is the biggest wuss in the world. Buoy is the clueless and nice dog that has a tendency to get shocked by his collar on max until the battery dies. Not sure if tough or just dumb, but they're both awesome. Fox is always the hated one though.

I've had so many pets Q____Q
But these are my current ones.
My dog Lady. She is a sheeskiemo. Half sheltie/half american eskimo dog
View attachment 127290
And my cat demyx. (named after demyx in kingdom hearts 2.)
View attachment 127291 View attachment 127292
View attachment 127293
My family calls her downsyndrome demmy. Because she licks plastic bags, chews on wood and sculptures, scratches at the floors for no reason, and derps all day long. And she enjoys to watch me do the internets.

She's so cute! I love derpy kitties.
Today I shared a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Mister. I was nomming away, and as I was nomming he leaned in and started nomming too. Mutual nomming. So I broke off bits for him, and he just ate them. He eats anything and everything.

EDIT: This is all very depressing, I'm just going to post pictures and info about the most recent cats we've had.

- Amber. She was a long-haired tortoiseshell. She WAS my sister's, but I'm the one that took care of her. As a result, she hated my sister. She was a huge scaredy cat around everyone but me. I loved Amber, but we had to take her to the shelter after both me and my sister went off to college. This is the only picture I have of Amber.
DSCN1327.jpg

- Tippy. Belonged to my mom, she was a long-haired blue-creme Persian. She was an odd kitty, because her purr sounded like a lawn mower and she was addicted to drinking water. She loved laying on her back too, and she loved sticking her paws in the air. She always had this pissed look on her face, but she rarely ever got mad. She also loved to be brushed, she'd always stick her face in the brush and lick it. She had kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. It was a sad day when she went to the vet and never came back.
This is the only picture I could find of her.
Tippy.png

One particular cat, Patch (Yes, Patch. Short for Patch), was incredibly special to me. We connected very well. As a kitten, she had been abandoned in a dumpster. I got her when I was five. She was always a very quiet cat, and even purred quietly. We loved each other very much. When I went to sleep, she would walk up to my pillow and lay her head down on it as if she was going to sleep there too. We would stare into each others' eyes until I fell asleep. I always knew what she wanted just from her body motions and expressions. I could never ask for a better kitty.

DSCN0635.jpg
DSCN0639.jpg
DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

This is a video I took of her about 3 years ago. (I was playing Paper Mario for the N64 while she just kinda laid at my feet. And yes, that's my foot.)
Click

Later in her years, she developed hyperthyroidism, and I couldn't be there to administer the daily doses of medicine.
I made the decision to put her to sleep.
I stayed with her until the end, and she passed away in my arms. She died about a little over two years ago, and had lived to age 13.
I could write so much on Patch, but I don't want to stretch out the page. XD

I miss having a cat. I'm going to get one when I'm done with college.

I have a long-haired tortoise-shell named Meggie. She's 14, I've had her since I was 9, and we may have to put her to sleep soon, because of her failing health. She's my sister's cat, but whenever my sister would go away for college she'd sleep in my bed, pulling out all her fur and leaving me little hair spiders as tokens of love. She had three litters of kittens, didn't give a shit, beats the fuck out of the other cats and is allergic to fleas. She knows a sucker when she see one.

So my cat had this lump on here abdomen. She kinda licked it and it popped. Smells very bad. Unscheduled trip to the Vet tomorrow :(
MY poor little baby :(

Oh god. I hope she's all right! What are you doing for it until you can get her to the vet?

Meggie's butt is raw from too much licking and chewing, and Dommie may have ear mites. His joints are also bothering him, I so I have to buy him some special joint care stuff, I think.

some polysporin was put to see if it might help (yes it works on animals too). We also bandaged it up to try and reduce the licking and to try and help prevent bacteria and dirt from going in. it only kinda helps seeing as where it's located, it just keeps moving. :unsure:

and the joint pain must suck for your cat :(

EDIT: This is all very depressing, I'm just going to post pictures and info about the most recent cats we've had.

- Amber. She was a long-haired tortoiseshell. She WAS my sister's, but I'm the one that took care of her. As a result, she hated my sister. She was a huge scaredy cat around everyone but me. I loved Amber, but we had to take her to the shelter after both me and my sister went off to college. This is the only picture I have of Amber.
DSCN1327.jpg

- Tippy. Belonged to my mom, she was a long-haired blue-creme Persian. She was an odd kitty, because her purr sounded like a lawn mower and she was addicted to drinking water. She loved laying on her back too, and she loved sticking her paws in the air. She always had this pissed look on her face, but she rarely ever got mad. She also loved to be brushed, she'd always stick her face in the brush and lick it. She had kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. It was a sad day when she went to the vet and never came back.
This is the only picture I could find of her.
Tippy.png

One particular cat, Patch (Yes, Patch. Short for Patch), was incredibly special to me. We connected very well. As a kitten, she had been abandoned in a dumpster. I got her when I was five. She was always a very quiet cat, and even purred quietly. We loved each other very much. When I went to sleep, she would walk up to my pillow and lay her head down on it as if she was going to sleep there too. We would stare into each others' eyes until I fell asleep. I always knew what she wanted just from her body motions and expressions. I could never ask for a better kitty.

DSCN0635.jpg
DSCN0639.jpg
DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

This is a video I took of her about 3 years ago. (I was playing Paper Mario for the N64 while she just kinda laid at my feet. And yes, that's my foot.)
Click

Later in her years, she developed hyperthyroidism, and I couldn't be there to administer the daily doses of medicine.
I made the decision to put her to sleep.
I stayed with her until the end, and she passed away in my arms. She died about a little over two years ago, and had lived to age 13.
I could write so much on Patch, but I don't want to stretch out the page. XD

I miss having a cat. I'm going to get one when I'm done with college.
Why can't my cat be this cute?!
SERIOUSLY!?
ALL MY CAT EVER DOES IS JUST SITS THERE ALL FUCKING DAY GIVING ME THIS SHIT ASS "FUCK YOU" GRIN LOOK!
rcEG3.jpg

some polysporin was put to see if it might help (yes it works on animals too). We also bandaged it up to try and reduce the licking and to try and help prevent bacteria and dirt from going in. it only kinda helps seeing as where it's located, it just keeps moving. :unsure:

and the joint pain must suck for your cat :(

Sadly she had to be put down. Turns out her lump was cancer. she also had breast cancer, and her glands in her throat weren't in good shape either.

I can't stop crying ;(

Sadly she had to be put down. Turns out her lump was cancer. she also had breast cancer, and her glands in her throat weren't in good shape either.

I can't stop crying ;(

*hugs* Awww, I'm sorry, love. It really is hard to lose a pet, but at least she isn't hurting anymore.

Back