What is the purpose in life?

I'll try and be (somewhat :p) quick and to the point, so we can wrap up this discussion and move on to something more... simple.

Yep, I see this discussion moving on from "purpose of life" to "existence of God" based on your latest response. Reeeaalllyyy touchy stuff, so maybe we should discuss something else (at least out here).

Oh wow.
I still have no clue how they got back to Earth after it was blown up.............
VERY confusing book.
Read it more closely, when Arthur meets Slartibartfast he finds out that he creates planets and Earth had a back up.

Back on topic :p

Our purpose in life is interaction with each other. It is as simple as that.

Why do we argue and fight over our different beliefs of how the world was created? We all have less than 100 years to live on this planet. Make the most you can out of it.

What makes humans special is our unique ability to communicate at such an advanced level. We can interact with each other in ways that would be impossible for any other form of life because of this.

Fill your life with human interaction. Fill your life with friendships and love. Human interaction has nothing to do with social class, money, beliefs, values, gender, sexuality, etc. Everyone is free to interact with other human beings. This is why the poorest people in the most impoverished countries can still be some of the happiest people living in the world.

They are not plagued by the need to get into a college or getting a job. They have close families and tightly knit communities with all sorts of interaction with each other.

Go out into the world. Meet new people. Find relationships. But never forget to have fun while you do it.

Purpose in life...? There isn't one. We were brought into this world by the decision of another, and can only live in our own way. What scares people usually the most is death, simply because of their own beliefs. Heaven, or Hell? Never existing again? Becoming a ghost and having your soul eaten by a demon? Nobody knows. What you do before death is all up to you.

NOTE: Please read the entire post carefully.
Some scientists believe that the laws of physics allow universes to simply come into existence. But there is absolutely no scientific explanation of where these physics came from. I imagine the creation of the universe as God writing physics. Think about miracles, for a second. While some say miracles contradict science, I disagree. God wrote physics, and there were no restrictions. While we may never be able to explain miracles, I believe they have no contradiction to science. God could have created a universe just like Minecraft. Think about it.

Yep, I see this discussion moving on from "purpose of life" to "existence of God" based on your latest response. Reeeaalllyyy touchy stuff, so maybe we should discuss something else (at least out here).
Maybe somewhere else... but the "purpose of life" has everything to do with the existence of God. If God exists, our purpose is to love Him and serve Him with the freedom and mercy He gives us, along with the heaven that He promises us when we die. If God doesn't exist, "purpose" is only a delusionary concept, and is just another silly thing made by man in an attempt to feel good about himself.

I wish we could talk in person... I find it difficult to express thoughts and ideas this deep online sometimes.

Also, in response to an earlier statement, I am actually considering joining the Philosophy class at my local college. This way, I can learn more about how the human mind works and interprets its surroundings.

Our purpose in life is interaction with each other. It is as simple as that.

Why do we argue and fight over our different beliefs of how the world was created? We all have less than 100 years to live on this planet. Make the most you can out of it.

What makes humans special is our unique ability to communicate at such an advanced level. We can interact with each other in ways that would be impossible for any other form of life because of this.

Fill your life with human interaction. Fill your life with friendships and love. Human interaction has nothing to do with social class, money, beliefs, values, gender, sexuality, etc. Everyone is free to interact with other human beings. This is why the poorest people in the most impoverished countries can still be some of the happiest people living in the world.

They are not plagued by the need to get into a college or getting a job. They have close families and tightly knit communities with all sorts of interaction with each other.

Go out into the world. Meet new people. Find relationships. But never forget to have fun while you do it.
With human interaction comes happiness, which seems like the ultimate focal point on what you think mankind's purpose is, correct?

Purpose in life...? There isn't one. We were brought into this world by the decision of another, and can only live in our own way. What scares people usually the most is death, simply because of their own beliefs. Heaven, or Hell? Never existing again? Becoming a ghost and having your soul eaten by a demon? Nobody knows. What you do before death is all up to you.
You say there is no purpose in life. That is an absolute. Do you believe in absolutes?

Isn't what happens after we die the most important thing our minds can dwell on?

Are you afraid of death?

You're dead to me.
I hope to eventually reply to you and GreenEarth eventually, if ya'll are still interested! :) I hope we can move onto something simpler soon, though, since we're going in circles a little. :p

Back