Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

I'm not sure why you're stating this information or that accusation. Please elaborate so that I may more readily connect the dots.
He's just saying that if villagers are roaming around wildly and serving no purpose then kill them off. If someone is using them for a specific purpose (like Tsysin's iron farm, for example), then it wouldn't be ok to kill them.

Also, just so you all know, I killed around an additional 100-200 villagers. Apparantly they were falling between cracks and walls and breeding like rats. There is now an "appropriate" number of villagers in SP, and no more places for them to get stuck in walls. The local lag in SP has been decreased even more.
Basically this, but it's a little more than that.

If you have 100+ {insert mob here} in an area, it's time to cull them. The entity and mob counters are the primary cause of lag in MC, and the more you have, the more lag everyone gets who are around it. This is why we had the one vote thing for passive mobs per chunk or whatever. Even if you can handle it fine, it doesn't mean others can. If it is part of a farm, remember that if the farm causes lag, the number of mobs /will/ be reduced or the farm will be taken down entirely. It doesn't matter how useful the farm may be if it prevents players from even going near it.

If I recall correctly, one of the members of Southbridge is LuriBeatz, and BlueFoca who presumably just got banned for theft is her boyfriend, so hopefully he doesn't have access to her account or anything!

I guess I'll go have a look around Southbridge, see if BlueFoca griefed there.

"Hey Thee, what did you do today?"

Well... I involuntarily became a cow for about 10 minutes...
Clipboard01.jpg

Basically this, but it's a little more than that.

If you have 100+ {insert mob here} in an area, it's time to cull them. The entity and mob counters are the primary cause of lag in MC, and the more you have, the more lag everyone gets who are around it. This is why we had the one vote thing for passive mobs per chunk or whatever. Even if you can handle it fine, it doesn't mean others can. If it is part of a farm, remember that if the farm causes lag, the number of mobs /will/ be reduced or the farm will be taken down entirely. It doesn't matter how useful the farm may be if it prevents players from even going near it.
Because, y'know, I didn't already know that and it was totally my fault they were there. kthx.

Could we please have voting milestone rewards past 500 votes? Suggestion: 505 votes = full set of diamond armor with level X enchants :D

Sooo yeah, apparently I got robbed. I'm missing my diamonds and bookshelves/enchantment table from my old home. Someone smashed one of the windows to get in.

Is it okay to grief stuff made by admins?

Gurw built a shop for Pyrhos in Southbridge (at least I'm pretty sure /prism told me that a long time ago). It had two nether stars in item frames on the front of it. One disappeared quite some time ago, the other one much more recently. I'm pretty sure these can't be traced.

Gurw also built a face with a chiseled ("Ozy") stone block for each eye in the Hinterlands, which I thought was cool, but now that's gone too. In this case /prism tells me exactly who did it.

So one person told me they thought this was probably okay, so the question is, how soon after an admin builds something can I steal it? :) I could've made an easy 256 diamonds from the chiseled stone blocks, and maybe another 256 diamonds each for the nether stars if anyone wanted them bad enough. I kind of figured it's still grief, I mean I thought the face in the hillside was kind of cool/creepy, like I can't see any houses around but there's still this sign of life, I wonder who was here..

Is it okay to grief stuff made by admins?

Gurw built a shop for Pyrhos in Southbridge (at least I'm pretty sure /prism told me that a long time ago). It had two nether stars in item frames on the front of it. One disappeared quite some time ago, the other one much more recently. I'm pretty sure these can't be traced.

Gurw also built a face with a chiseled ("Ozy") stone block for each eye in the Hinterlands, which I thought was cool, but now that's gone too. In this case /prism tells me exactly who did it.

So one person told me they thought this was probably okay, so the question is, how soon after an admin builds something can I steal it? :) I could've made an easy 256 diamonds from the chiseled stone blocks, and maybe another 256 diamonds each for the nether stars if anyone wanted them bad enough. I kind of figured it's still grief, I mean I thought the face in the hillside was kind of cool/creepy, like I can't see any houses around but there's still this sign of life, I wonder who was here..
choo choo the admin caboose
DRG_bobber_caboose_at_CRM.jpg

Back