Gun and Gun Hobbiest thread revival

Went out and got the new marlin 795 sighted in, very happy with how it shoots :D
DkFUu.jpg

That's 10 shots, 30 yards, crappy bulk ammo.

and an album of the day at the range (and some other related shots)

http://imgur.com/a/lnB0s

I want to go out and buy me a handgun, but if I ever want to make it to PAX this year, I have to wait... good thing it's not long to wait :D

I want to go out and buy me a handgun, but if I ever want to make it to PAX this year, I have to wait... good thing it's not long to wait :D

also, now is not the right time to buy a gun, prices have nearly trippled due to the gun ban hype....and most stores are struggling to keep things in stock.

also, now is not the right time to buy a gun, prices have nearly trippled due to the gun ban hype....and most stores are struggling to keep things in stock.
I'm the only person in my family who doesn't own a gun. Just an airsoft pistol, and a harpoon... So, if there is a ban, and I don't have one, I'll be pissed lol

personally, i'd like to own a vintage Vickers .303 machine gun. Used in WWI, it was water cooled, making it drastically uneffective by the weapons of today. i want it just to have bragging rights XP i love weapons and warfare. :3

Yay! My dad bought me a handgun today. Very early birthday present, I'm so happy! Almost helps take the pain away from my netbook frying...

we require details and pics
They will be uploaded tomorrow. I need to take the pictures.

Edit:
I also put one of these on layaway today. Should have the money to fully purchase it by mid March (I'm poor)
Rossi Matched Pair .243/20ga. This is a google image, the one I am purchasing comes with an aftermarket red dot sight attached.
S201220BS.jpg

Relatively cheap rifle/shotgun combo and should be more fun than a Marlin .22LR

we require details and pics
I don't have a good camera or pc anymore. My brother needs to do it...

Smith & Wesson 22A/22S Sport Series Target Pistol w/ accessory sight mount
Generic Pic:
97117_22a.jpg

Went shooting today with all of my dad's guns, Mom's and Pro's, too. I found out I'm rather fond of the .22 handgun, and so we went to the gun shop nearby, and Dad purchased this for $249.99 - $50 cheaper than the gun I was originally looking at. - I also found out I shoot right handed with pistols, and left handed with rifles. I'm better at aiming than my brother and father, and hot damn, it had been far too long since I'd been shooting. <3

Query: What's the point of a scope/red dot sight on a handgun? They make the gun look kind of bulky and unwieldy. The added size also makes potential concealment virtually impossible.

Back