Team Fortress 2 General Thread

Your TIT's are a great help, Vorsprung. Thanks! :thumbsup:
I aim to please, and coincidentally, my aim often pleases.

In other news, rocketknighting is extremely fun and I love it when people think you're using speedhacks when you're not.

"OMG VIORSPERN UR HAXERN."

Rocket.... knighting....?
Ah, my poor sorry fool, I shall explain.

Rocketknighting is the evolution of the rocketjump, my friend.
It's incredibly difficult, it's incredibly risky, but it's so, so fun.

You know how the Beggar's Bazooka misfires once you load more than 3 rockets in the chamber? I'll start by explaining that the misfire explosion that results from doing this originates from below you.

First interesting fact:
When you equip the Gunboats, rather than taking a ridiculous amount of damage when you misfire, you only take around 20 (the same amount of damage you would otherwise take from a standard rocket jump whilst equipping the Gunboats). This alone is useful, because it saves you from killing yourself if you make a mistake whilst loading the Beggar's.

Second interesting fact:
Misfire when you're midair and the misfire explosion will propel you upwards.

Dolla dolla bills y'all

Basically, if you equip the Beggar's Bazooka and the Gunboats, you can rocket jump forever in midair by continuously misfiring with the Beggar's. This exploit is known as "rocketknighting" and it's deadly.

It's like a trolldier on steriods.

However, it's a lot harder than it sounds.

You still take a significant amount of damage. You can rocketknight for about, say, 5 seconds at a time, reliably. Rocketknighting is also largely inaccurate, and is similar to surfing. You have to quickly 'flick' your reticule around every few seconds to adjust your trajectory, and you have to crouch and uncrouch accurately and quickly.

Once mastered, it's a deadly technique, allowing you to cross maps in seconds, and allowing you to kill most classes instantly (surprise Heavies with rocket barrages from mid-air).

I recommend practicing on MvM when you can. Load up mvm_example offline and rocketknight around the map there until you feel comfortable.
Also bring a good Medic along.

Video:

You know how the Beggar's Bazooka misfires once you load more than 3 rockets in the chamber? I'll start by explaining that the misfire explosion that results from doing this originates from below you.

First interesting fact:
When you equip the Gunboats, rather than taking a ridiculous amount of damage when you misfire, you only take around 20 (the same amount of damage you would otherwise take from a standard rocket jump whilst equipping the Gunboats). This alone is useful, because it saves you from killing yourself if you make a mistake whilst loading the Beggar's.

Second interesting fact:

Dolla dolla bills y'all

Basically, if you equip the Beggar's Bazooka and the Gunboats, you can rocket jump forever in midair by continuously misfiring with the Beggar's. This exploit is known as "rocketknighting" and it's deadly.

You still take a significant amount of damage. You can rocketknight for about, say, 5 seconds at a time, reliably. Rocketknighting is also largely inaccurate, and is similar to surfing. You have to quickly 'flick' your reticule around every few seconds to adjust your trajectory, and you have to crouch and uncrouch accurately and quickly.

Once mastered, it's a deadly technique, allowing you to cross maps in seconds, and allowing you to kill most classes instantly (surprise Heavies with rocket barrages from mid-air).

I recommend practicing on MvM when you can. Load up mvm_example offline and rocketknight around the map there until you feel comfortable.

Video:
I've been having fun doing that since Pyromania came out. While the jumping is very fun and all, my personal favorite thing to do that is related to rocketknighting is what I've dubbed "juggernaughting," the act of being given uber and walking into enemy lines, while misfiring. You do massive damage, though doing this is not typically effective against engie nests.

I still have the default Rocket Launcher. I'm still trying to gather up my own materials to get a new one.

First interesting fact:

Second interesting fact:

Dolla dolla bills y'all

Video:
Do you know orange x3? >inb4 smiley
You can do this from that block of concrete or whatever it is near spawn, to get on the tower or wherever you want :D

I sure do love market gardening

(This is me)
Noice.
Also, noice backpack, I think I underestimated you, considering you're a good, what, several buds richer than me.
I still have the default Rocket Launcher. I'm still trying to gather up my own materials to get a new one.
The default's still good. It's what I use. (To be fair, I use a Strange.)

Just so you know, the default Rocket Launcher (stock is the standard term) is widely considered to be the best one. Others are situationally better, or simply fun to use.

Back