The New Super Smash Bros.

Roster finished years ago.
Sakurai, when recently asked about Mewtwo, said he was "thinking about it".
Extreme Mewtwo trolling in the Greninja trailer.
With all this teasing, I'd say Mewtwo is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Since Ridley is absolutely playable in my opinion (The same teasing happened with Palutena, and she's confirmed now), I seem to have found my two mains for Sm4sh.
Still waiting for King K. Rool and Bandana Dee though...
Good to see another hopeful for the King. Bandanana Dee is a stretch, though, imo. However, I do see him making a minor appearance somewhere, somehow.
Mewtwo, considering the backlash from Brawl, /might/ be in the game. With Sakurai saying there was /one/ open slot for a pokemon character, which Greninja got, there's a good chance he was bumped again. That or Jigglypuff got the boot, which would make me sad, because she was one of the trolliest characters in the game. I'm still hopeful for Sceptile taking Ivysaur's place, but that might be a stretch, too.
Also, there's a rumor going around that the demos shown at E3 and Best Buy were purposefully misleading in appearance to throw people off the scent of the full extent of the roster. I'm not sure I believe that, but this is Nintendo and Sakurai we're talking about, so....

Good to see another hopeful for the King. Bandanana Dee is a stretch, though, imo. However, I do see him making a minor appearance somewhere, somehow.
Rosalina being in makes me think Bandana Dee might make it, since he's pretty much Kirby fanbase's Rosalina. Though I still doubt he'll make it...
Mewtwo, considering the backlash from Brawl, /might/ be in the game. With Sakurai saying there was /one/ open slot for a pokemon character, which Greninja got, there's a good chance he was bumped again. That or Jigglypuff got the boot, which would make me sad, because she was one of the trolliest characters in the game. I'm still hopeful for Sceptile taking Ivysaur's place, but that might be a stretch, too.
I'd say we'll get 6 Pokémon characters, since that's the number that makes most sense. And I really doubt Sakurai will cut Jigglypuff OR Mewtwo; Jigglypuff is the most popular Pokémon in Japan, while Mewtwo is one of the most popular internationally and was intended to be in every single Smash Bros. game, but was cut thanks to time constrains.
Also, there's a rumor going around that the demos shown at E3 and Best Buy were purposefully misleading in appearance to throw people off the scent of the full extent of the roster. I'm not sure I believe that, but this is Nintendo and Sakurai we're talking about, so....
The Best Buy demos and the ones used in E3 were proven to be different, since the Best Buy ones don't change the way you face after you roll (or vice versa, I don't remember). And since Mega Man didn't have an expression in the Invitational final smash, I'd say nothing we've seen is set in stone.

I'm really glad they decided to put more fire emblem people into the game, awakening was an awesome game. Also FALCO PUUUNNNNCH!

gahd derm it octeber cern't com fast enough

edit: I also love how sakurai can still manage to troll us even with that character announcement.

SAKURAI!!!!!

GEMATSU IS DEAD
IT'S FUCKING DEAD
CHROM IS DEAD, ROBIN, MY MOST WANTED FE NEWCOMER, IS IN
LUCAS IS STILL ALIVE
FALCON IS BACK
RIDLEY IS LIKELIER THAN EVER
AND CHARACTER REVEALS ARE ACTUALLY SURPRISING NOW

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

Excuse me while I squeal in complete delight. The Captain is back.

Best news: That leak was wrong, meaning we have no idea who's really in the game. It's a whole new ballgame, ladies and gents.
ZaNrcDw.jpg

FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS AND CAPTAIN MOTHERFUCKING FALCON!!!!!!!!

(Plus it's cool that one of the characters is kind of a mage, would've preferred a flat magic user over the Tactician of Awakening but beggars can't be choosers)

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
YESSS.gif

THE KNEE OF JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL, IT WILL!
success.gif

knee.gif

suceeee.gif

show.gif

showw.gif

SHIT MAN, I'M SO HAPPY

GEMATSU IS DEAD
IT'S FUCKING DEAD
CHROM IS DEAD, ROBIN, MY MOST WANTED FE NEWCOMER, IS IN
LUCAS IS STILL ALIVE
FALCON IS BACK
RIDLEY IS LIKELIER THAN EVER
AND CHARACTER REVEALS ARE ACTUALLY SURPRISING NOW

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
Funny you mention Ridley. So far, out of the 4 trophy quizzes from the Direct, 2 of the franchises shown have had newcomers. The only two that are left are Metroid and Zelda, meaning a potential new character from each. While the only character I want to see return now is Ganondorf, another Zelda character has me intrigued, considering Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl. Then again, Sakurai has a habit of trolling everyone. No one, and I mean no one, was expecting two-and-a-half new FE characters. (Half being Chrom in Robin's FS) It shows that they're going all out with this one.

LXFdU0d.jpg

I approve of all of these new characters and returning ones.

Except Lucina. MARTH CLONE, ANYONE?
Something something Roy something something.

shuuuushhh roy was IKE before ike became cool. though I have to say according to reddit sakurai say there would be no clones in this game and yet here comes lucina who pretty much is probably a clone.

also yep today's pic of the day basically says she is a clone so yea looks like we are getting marth 2.0 female edition!!!!! (not that marth isn't already the most effeminate male thus far)

the post in question: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2aqrsp/new_sakurai_picture_0715_pic_of_the_day_along/

I don't think Lucina is a clone. If you remember, in the actual FE games, she is trying to become Marth, which is why her attacks, poses, and looks are nearly identical (aside from lineage). However, the simple mechanic of distributing the damage equally along her blade as opposed to tipping is a huge change to battle strategy.

Funny you mention Ridley. So far, out of the 4 trophy quizzes from the Direct, 2 of the franchises shown have had newcomers. The only two that are left are Metroid and Zelda, meaning a potential new character from each.
The August Direct will pretty much confirm Ridley imo, since it's the Metroid anniversary.

While the only character I want to see return now is Ganondorf, another Zelda character has me intrigued, considering Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl. Then again, Sakurai has a habit of trolling everyone. No one, and I mean no one, was expecting two-and-a-half new FE characters. (Half being Chrom in Robin's FS)
ALBW Pig Ganon would give us the perfect Zelda representation: We would have a character from every art style and every timeline, and he has a shitton of moveset potential. And he's not Ghirahim.

It shows that they're going all out with this one.
Remember my earlier quote?
while Mewtwo is one of the most popular internationally and was intended to be in every single Smash Bros. game, but was cut thanks to time constrains.

Clones pretty much prove no time constrains. I'd say Mewtwo is pretty much confirmed at this point.

Oh, and CoroCoro say that they are going to reveal the entire roster on August. The same thing happened with Brawl and we got all the already revealed characters instead, but it's still interesting...

Something something Roy something something.

Roy's our boy.
The August Direct will pretty much confirm Ridley imo, since it's the Metroid anniversary.
At this point I don't care I just want ONE MORE Metroid character! It would be pretty sweet if they added one of the Bounty Hunters from Hunters or even from Prime 3 but they're not as popular. On the other hand this is Sakurai we're talking about...

Roy's our boy.
And he'll sadly NEVER be in another Smash game.

FUN FACTS WITH BRENNAN (volume 32): Roy was only added to the Melee roster as a means to promote the (then) upcoming game Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi. Similarly to how characters like Raiden and Dante were added to Play Station All Stars as means to promote their (at the moment) upcoming games Metal Gear Solid: Revengance and DMC: Devil May Cry. Also (more fun facts) due to Marth and Roy's popularity in Melee, Nintendo decided to release Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken worldwide under the name Fire Emblem, which was a prequel to Roy's game and follows the adventure of his dad Eliwood and his friends.

And this is why I REALLY want Hector (Eliwood's axe wielding BFF) to be in a Smash game.

As it turns out, Lucina was just a Marth alt, however, a character was cut and the developers didn't want to reduce the number of characters, so they made Lucina her own character instead. Clones deconfirmed.

Please tell me we're not going back to the Gematsu days again.
Please...

EDIT: Turns out that cut character part was bullshit. Phew.

EDIT 2: Accurate translations show that Lucina was a Marth alt that got her own slot and Chrom was planned to be in, but Sakurai couldn't give him a good moveset and went with Robin instead.
Which is completely in line with the Gematsu leak, since "Pokemon from XY" proves it's very early information. Consider Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep confirmed.
oh fuck this piece of shit, just give me ridley

Back