Xbox One

I noticed... no one is accounting the pirates for their actions. As if they don't exist.
The problem here isn't piracy, no mater what you do there will always be pirates. Maybe if games were more affordable then they would be pirated less?(idk here) Either way it is like the game of thrones issue, It is one of the most pirated show currently on tv, because hpo makes the user jump through several obstacles to "protect their IPs". Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

Game pirating isn't a "major" an issue, the issue here is the used game market. Basically major publishers see a vastly untapped market to make even more money off of you and are probably forcing microsoft & sony to start forcing these new policies on us (granted no proven facts here just rumor central).

Either way really think microsoft needs to be clearer and possibly take back some of their less than desirable statements and sony needs to come out and tell us their side of this issue.

on another topic: E3 is around the corner anyone excited about that?

I noticed... no one is accounting the pirates for their actions. As if they don't exist.
Because it's the same excuse they always throw out to justify poor sales of a poor title, because heaven forbid the title that they've spent the last three years developing and sinking tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars could be a steaming pile *cough*Duke Nukem*cough*. Look at Minecraft, sure, people pirate it, but they just passed their 10 MILLIONTH purchase recently, even though it's written in probably one of the worst modern languages one could choose for a game in this day and age. Why? Because it's fun, it's relatively cheap, and it has potentially infinite replay value (never the same thing). I'm not going to deny for a minute that pirates don't impact the bottom line, readily available broadband for the masses has only made it easier for folks who either don't have the money or just don't feel like paying $60 to snatch a copy. That's not to say that the game companies haven't helped stir the pot, like ages ago when DRM technologies such as SecureROM where introduced that proved that the only folks who could play the games were the pirates, legitimate owners were left waiting for a patch to play a game they bought at launch.

I'm not going to deny that I've ever downloaded a game, but much like movies, if I enjoy it, I will buy it. If not, I delete it and move on. For me, I believe that's another issue that's lead to an increase in piracy. What ever happened to the playable demo released before the actual game? Try it before you buy it. What better way to get anticipation for a title than to let fans get a hands on feel on where their $60 is going to go? The deadlines these companies enforce are part of that problem, they have a hard enough time getting the product out the door and not have it be a bug-ridden, smoldering pile of vanquished dreams, much less something that isn't going to scare away customers. After horrible launches such as Sim City and Duke Nukem Forever, not to mention server capacity issues from the fine folks at Eidos who thought it would be a great idea to force a persistent connection requirement to play their games, and is it any wonder people feel gun shy shelling out that much money on something that could very likely be junk and have no recourse of getting their money back?

It's not much of an excuse to be sure, but that's what drives a lot of folks to pirate versus keeping legit; well, that and in the younger generation it seems to just have become something of a blasé topic, everybody's doing it.

Because it's the same excuse they always throw out to justify poor sales of a poor title, because heaven forbid the title that they've spent the last three years developing and sinking tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars could be a steaming pile *cough*Duke Nukem*cough*. Look at Minecraft, sure, people pirate it, but they just passed their 10 MILLIONTH purchase recently, even though it's written in probably one of the worst modern languages one could choose for a game in this day and age. Why? Because it's fun, it's relatively cheap, and it has potentially infinite replay value (never the same thing). I'm not going to deny for a minute that pirates don't impact the bottom line, readily available broadband for the masses has only made it easier for folks who either don't have the money or just don't feel like paying $60 to snatch a copy. That's not to say that the game companies haven't helped stir the pot, like ages ago when DRM technologies such as SecureROM where introduced that proved that the only folks who could play the games were the pirates, legitimate owners were left waiting for a patch to play a game they bought at launch.

I'm not going to deny that I've ever downloaded a game, but much like movies, if I enjoy it, I will buy it. If not, I delete it and move on. For me, I believe that's another issue that's lead to an increase in piracy. What ever happened to the playable demo released before the actual game? Try it before you buy it. What better way to get anticipation for a title than to let fans get a hands on feel on where their $60 is going to go? The deadlines these companies enforce are part of that problem, they have a hard enough time getting the product out the door and not have it be a bug-ridden, smoldering pile of vanquished dreams, much less something that isn't going to scare away customers. After horrible launches such as Sim City and Duke Nukem Forever, not to mention server capacity issues from the fine folks at Eidos who thought it would be a great idea to force a persistent connection requirement to play their games, and is it any wonder people feel gun shy shelling out that much money on something that could very likely be junk and have no recourse of getting their money back?

It's not much of an excuse to be sure, but that's what drives a lot of folks to pirate versus keeping legit; well, that and in the younger generation it seems to just have become something of a blasé topic, everybody's doing it.

We need a love button. Like just isn't good enough.

How about some positivity....

This is being built on a x86 platform. I'm imagining the cross platform MP goodness. Will we finally put the mouse/controller war to rest?

How about some positivity....

This is being built on a x86 platform. I'm imagining the cross platform MP goodness. Will we finally put the mouse/controller war to rest?

KB/M is obviously superior for FPS games and stuff. PC gamers would have an advantage.

I'm getting both. Teehee.
fuck you and your endless pool of money :P . but seriously that is awesome jersey, you can enjoy the exclusives of both whilst still having access to the wonderful world of steam.

while I still totally want a gaming pc I'm debating between the 3 lol.

So Microsoft showed some interesting new IP's and future titles in current franchises such as Dead Rising 3, Project Spark, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and a possible Halo Title in 2014. I'm actually considering purchasing a Xbox One now.

Free games on the 360 helps as well..

Only thing that wants me to buy a xbox one. Ill just wait till my friend buys one then play the whole campaign with him in one night. All I did with Halo 4 anyways.

Only thing that wants me to buy a xbox one. Ill just wait till my friend buys one then play the whole campaign with him in one night. All I did with Halo 4 anyways.

942002_532173980172845_748484704_n.jpg

I think it's safe to say by this point in Sony's reveal that Microsoft fucked itself with it's anti consumer policies giving Sony the chance to take advantage of that and win the "console war".

Edit: Sony just crushed Microsoft with their price of $399, I see no point other than playing exclusives to purchase a Xbox One at this point.

That MGS trailer. Sweet Jesus. They set the bar extra high on that one. Gone are the days of one cutscene per two corridors. It's like the Arma, the resemblance is uncanny.

Let's hope great titles aren't exclusive though.

Back