Are you the only person on Team9000 who...?

I am trying to delete emotion from my mind. Anger and lust seem to be the most difficult to expel.

I guess I should follow this up by saying the easiest emotion to give up was empathy (towards other people). I may or may not have said this before, but it could probably kill someone and live with it.

For some reason my brain tends to do things like that without me really having a say (because that totally makes sense), like I'll read articles, watch movies, and shows about sociopaths or whatever and I'll slowly start acting like whatever I was researching. It's ridiculous. But kind of cool when realized, but if it's a bad behavior I can start reading/watching something else and then it'll go away.

I am trying to delete emotion from my mind. Anger and lust seem to be the most difficult to expel.
I have sucessfully removed Anger and Sadness.

It was rather easy for me to get rid of anger, because I've always been a type B personality, and accepted things as they were. I've never gotten into a fight or anything as such, because I simply stopped bringing myself to a point with things where they actually mattered or not.

I can't seem to get rid of excitement, I'm working on it though. Like somethings just get me going, other things I have a hard time being excited, and I know I should, so I come off like an ungrateful douche. xD

Look, as someone who has been down that path, I'd recommend against it. While removal of emotions is interesting, we have them for a reason. It took me just over a year to "close my heart" as it were, but almost four years to get back the ability to feel. Make sure this is something you actually want to do.

Look, as someone who has been down that path, I'd recommend against it. While removal of emotions is interesting, we have them for a reason. It took me just over a year to "close my heart" as it were, but almost four years to get back the ability to feel. Make sure this is something you actually want to do.
I don't see why you want to get rid of emotions, they make us who we are as humans. I just don't get it. Unless you're not a human :eek:
southpark.jpg

We just find some emotion gets in the way of what matters in survival.

yes, there are times when emotions get in the way of things, however disconnecting from them completely (in my opinion) is not the way to approach that issue. Mastery and control of said emotions would benefit you far more than removing them, as that enables you to experience the emotion when you want to/when its convenient.

I don't see why you want to get rid of emotions, they make us who we are as humans. I just don't get it. Unless you're not a human :eek:

these emotions also help with our ability to participate and live in society, which is an integral part of humanity's ability to thrive and continue existing. As much of a pain in the ass they can be, there's a reason why humans evolved and developed that way.

I always tell myself that I'm going to wake up early and become better at drawing because its something I really enjoy, but am self-conscious when people watch me draw.

But I always wake up in the middle of the night and turn my alarm off (no matter how far I set it away from myself).

Mastery and control of said emotions would benefit you far more than removing them, as that enables you to experience the emotion when you want to/when its convenient.
I think the best way to describe my situation/my goal is that I choose how I feel about something, I usually have late response to something funny, deciding whether if it was worth laughing at, then laughing wholeheartedly, or I'll laugh at something "indecent or not funny", one time, then feel completely sad about something of the same caliber. I wouldn't really call it complete control, but I can choose how I want to react to something for the most part.

My response to all of this is that if you dont embrace who you are (a human, hopefully) and take all those emotions in, you become heartless, and like a stone, not bruised by anything emotional. In a sense, you become this:
Cyberman.jpg

Totally detached from anything real and just cold and dead inside, regardless if you "choose" how you want to feel, it doesn't work that way. Be human, its one of the best things out there.

Back