What are your fears, Team9000?

I have Acrophobia. Anything more then about 2 or 3 feet and I have a severe panic attack. Can't even move.
I also have Claustrophobia. I had to have an MRI once. That was fun...they had to give me special meds because I was panicking and freaking out so bad.

I don't like Wasps, mosquitos or spiders. But I won't consider then strong fears. Spiders give me the creepy crawlies, but I can deal with them as long as I don't have to touch them and they aren't on me or near me I'm pretty good...at least outside. If they're inside I can't even be in the same room with them. They freak me out too much.

I think Mosquitos is mostly a strong loathing matter. I just hate their blood sucking faces off.
Wasps are just satan as an insect.

Another thing I hate is needles. I remember when I was a kid I would hide under the table before they were about to give me a shot. I still hate needles, but I don't act like it.
So today, I got my blood drawn. Long story short, I managed to mentally psych myself out to the point of my blood pressure dropping by about 20 points. No, I didn't pass out, but I might have gotten pretty close. Everything was fine a few minutes later after eating.

I'd love to share some of my other fears:
Well firstly Im deathly scared of bugs (who isnt?) but im mostly terriied of small insect
S that usually come in swarms. Like ants for example. I had this creepy dream where I was on a pile of dirt and was being covered in ants and centipedes. Then after a while the ants and centipedrs started infesting my body an using it as a nest by making holes everywhere. Afterwards i was unrecognizable. Did i mentioned im scared to shit from holes? Clusters of holes? No amount of neautrogena can fix clusters of holes on your skin like those holes on the shopped photo i shared in the Trypophobia thread. But yeah i cringe at the sight of an anthill or a lotus seed pod or those holes in the new hershey chocolate bar...

Another fear i have is the fear of getting raped and or taken avantage of. I t might sound like bull but ive been taken advantage over by my math tutor. I would never forget how the tutor used to hold my handa and sit on my lap and talk to me dirty. After that incident which i solved not too long ago ive been really shy and concious about how people of the opposite sex act towards me, especially i they are older, like my swim teacher or my summer school teacher.

I'd love to share some of my other fears:
Well firstly Im deathly scared of bugs (who isnt?) but im mostly terriied of small insect
S that usually come in swarms. Like ants for example. I had this creepy dream where I was on a pile of dirt and was being covered in ants and centipedes. Then after a while the ants and centipedrs started infesting my body an using it as a nest by making holes everywhere. Afterwards i was unrecognizable. Did i mentioned im scared to shit from holes? Clusters of holes? No amount of neautrogena can fix clusters of holes on your skin like those holes on the shopped photo i shared in the Trypophobia thread. But yeah i cringe at the sight of an anthill or a lotus seed pod or those holes in the new hershey chocolate bar...

Another fear i have is the fear of getting raped and or taken avantage of. I t might sound like bull but ive been taken advantage over by my math tutor. I would never forget how the tutor used to hold my handa and sit on my lap and talk to me dirty. After that incident which i solved not too long ago ive been really shy and concious about how people of the opposite sex act towards me, especially i they are older, like my swim teacher or my summer school teacher.
just out of curiosity, was this math tutor a man or a woman?

I'm also afraid of dying. Only because a few months ago my chest was hurting to the point where I felt like I was being sat on by a sumo wrestler and I couldn't lay down. I was also extremely dehydrated (which is unusual considering I drink around 3-4 bottles of water a day) and my stomach had an odd pain. Well, I fell asleep at around 12 am ish and woke up shivering like no other around 4am and didn't fall back asleep, so that adds extreme lack of sleep. We finally got around to the emergency room at 9am and I was there for 9 hours. I had every test you could ever think of done on me, blood, MRI, that one thing with the goo that pregnant ladies usually get, and so on. Well I had some ulcers which were fine, and parocridtis (that I probably spelt wrong) but the doctor said at my age that's an un normal thing... So ever since then I always freak out when something happens to me, and it sucks xD Sorry if there are any letters missing or stuffs I suck at using my iPad...

I'm fucking afraid of cockroaches.
There's very little that can really perturb me, but it's cockroaches that I absolutely shit myself over.
Which is unfortunate for me, considering my house is infested with them.
I can smack spiders, fucking pwn them wasps with Mortein, and burn them fucking slugs, bu it's cockroaches that make me a pussy.
One of the most truly disconcerting nights of my life was when I walked into my bedroom, turned on the light
And there was a fuckin' 5cm long cockroach right on the wall above my bed.
I watched that fucker lay an egg casing on my bed, shit on my cupboards, and then slide itself up into the ceiling up through the skirtingboard.
Fuck.
I lay in bed that night eyeballing the skirtingboard above my head, wielding a can of Peu-Bea and some Ajax.

I'm also quite the clean freak, and I have some weird habits like that. Like, I'll never wear my shoes in my bedroom, and I'll keep different clothes for "public" and "inside" use. I won't sit down on my furniture with "public" clothes (clothes I've worn out - like pants that have been sitting on public transport and such) and I'm fucking paranoid about vacuuming.

...And that's why Flamethrowers are good for OCD

I'm also quite the clean freak, and I have some weird habits like that. Like, I'll never wear my shoes in my bedroom, and I'll keep different clothes for "public" and "inside" use. I won't sit down on my furniture with "public" clothes (clothes I've worn out - like pants that have been sitting on public transport and such)
This. Yes. You. Me. Same. Awesome. I didn't think I would have someone like me. Also, no one wears shoes in the house, no one does in Singapore.

This. Yes. You. Me. Same. Awesome. I didn't think I would have someone like me. Also, no one wears shoes in the house, no one does in Singapore.
Yeah. I mean, it's a common custom in countries in Asia like Japan. I mean, I went to Japan, I know - genkans and all that shit.

But like, here in Australia, unless you're an expat, there's no real custom like that.

I do it anyway because it gives me the willies.

What I am afraid of...
Spiders
Insects
Bugs
Heights
Depths
Looking at space
Vertigo
Thinking about Zero-Gravity
Too many people
Too little people
Open areas
Closed areas
rats
mice
hamsters
cats
dogs
bright lights
loud noises
strobe
things moving extremely fast
thunderstorms
hail
tornadoes
cars
other people
forests
evil mythical creatures that may or may not be real
global worming
the theory of the end of the world
rivers
clear skies
dark clouds
dying trees
roadkill
war
fire
caves
cave-ins
earthquakes
volcanoes
evil-looking garden gnomes
a little Victorian-era girl on a swing set
Vorsprung's everything
things that are broken
death
cancer
plague
things that are too happy (see Matthew Broderick's "Stafford Wives"
corpses
"Amnesia"... just sayin'....
certain kinds of deep sea fish
deep sea
sharks
quicksand
mold
fungus
jungle
creepers
IRL creepers/stalkers
gingers 'cept nurn
giant teddy bears
anything that Peter Polyneaux thought of.
"churchies" declaring a crusade on our house... (We're not nice to them about the fact that they don't park in their 4 parking lots.)
and the length bronies will go to take over the universe

I'll keep different clothes for "public" and "inside" use. I won't sit down on my furniture with "public" clothes (clothes I've worn out - like pants that have been sitting on public transport and such)
Yeah, I can be like that too. I wear XL t-shirts when I'm inside my house and then my better clothes in public so people don't think I'm a total fatass. Must be a girl thing :p

I'm afraid of solitude. Especially when Im in my room for extended periods of time with no communication with anyone. I go crazy >o>

My biggest fear right now is what will happen when Our Fearless Leader wakes up.

cgff04_528_poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I mean, it's a common custom in countries in Asia like Japan. I mean, I went to Japan, I know - genkans and all that shit.

But like, here in Australia, unless you're an expat, there's no real custom like that.

I do it anyway because it gives me the willies.
I'm mostly referring to the clothes though.

Yeah, I can be like that too. I wear XL t-shirts when I'm inside my house and then my better clothes in public so people don't think I'm a total fatass. Must be a girl thing :p
Hell no. I'm depressingly male and I do that shit too.
I'm mostly referring to the clothes though.
I'd move to Japan if I had the money, could speak better Japanese, and if Australia wasn't so awesome.
Also radiation.

My biggest fear: getting no breath/drowning.
I was very, very, very bad at swimming when i was younger.
I really just couldn't even walk through water, i would trip and fal and not turn around and lay there with my face half in the water and try to breath and get water in my lungs and cough and get it al out and breath again and get more water in me and over and over until i managed to get back to the side or something.
I can swim very well now, but I am still afraid of it.
Second fear:
Getting hit by a car/truck and hearing my bones break and falling and the car couldn't stop and i would see my legs get under it and then the car drives all over my body and yeah. Not so much explanation needed, i guess.
The stupid thing about the second is that i have to ride my bike 12 km to and from school every day. And i am waiting at the traffic lights and see all those cars riding in front of me and i think like: what if i was just 2 meter further forward? I mean, what does 2 meter matter if you think in sizes like our earth or even bigger?

My biggest fear: getting no breath/drowning.
I was very, very, very bad at swimming when i was younger.
I really just couldn't even walk through water, i would trip and fal and not turn around and lay there with my face half in the water and try to breath and get water in my lungs and cough and get it al out and breath again and get more water in me and over and over until i managed to get back to the side or something.
I can swim very well now, but I am still afraid of it.
Second fear:
Getting hit by a car/truck and hearing my bones break and falling and the car couldn't stop and i would see my legs get under it and then the car drives all over my body and yeah. Not so much explanation needed, i guess.
The stupid thing about the second is that i have to ride my bike 12 km to and from school every day. And i am waiting at the traffic lights and see all those cars riding in front of me and i think like: what if i was just 2 meter further forward? I mean, what does 2 meter matter if you think in sizes like our earth or even bigger?
Oh god I remember when I was 8 and I sucked at swimming.And I ended up going to far into the water and I fell on off my tube.I was waving for while I kept getting over and under the water.Then my father came out and got me.....When I got back to shore they said "We didn't get you faster because we thought that you were waving to us and having fun"

Oh god I remember when I was 8 and I sucked at swimming.And I ended up going to far into the water and I fell on off my tube.I was waving for while I kept getting over and under the water.Then my father came out and got me.....When I got back to shore they said "We didn't get you faster because we thought that you were waving to us and having fun"
Woah that must've been frightening.... just seeing them not doing anything...
Edit: my first post in this thread was post #100 :D

Back