What are your fears, Team9000?

Fears? Not really, except the apprehensive subconscious reminder to avoid anything capable of injuring me, be it a disease, animal capable of maiming or injecting venom, or unsturdy structures in high places.

Anything unholy that I wish to be smited off the Earth?

Junebugs.

I don't have a fear of them in the traditional sense, but I <insert three of your own profanities>ing hate the things. I was at the age of five or six, walking to the bus in the morning, and one of them decided he'd jump up and latch on to me.

On the back of my bare, exposed, neck.

I can't remember how I screamed, but did I flinch. I swiped it off of me, and gladly walked on to the bus, with a few inches of metal now between me and the outside which housed the demon.

They do nothing for anyone, nay, they are more destructive. Have you heard them fly? It's clumsy, sounds like a crashing airplane mixed with a racecar. NYEEEEEEEEROOOOOOM...tick. NYEEEEEEROOOOOM...thud. I don't have a true fear of them, they don't seem to be attracted to me, but I hope to purchase a few Holy Hand Grenades to exorcise the damn things out of existence...

..and in to extinction.

This actually happened to me once. But it was on the back of the roll, so I didn't see it until I started unrolling it. That was fun.
wheresyourgodnow.jpg

Similar to the above post, about 3 months ago I was washing my hands. I reached to the towel next to me, started drying my hands...

...let out a "YIKES!" and swatted at the scorpion crawling up my arm. Then I washed my hands again.

I have a fear of spiders, unknown bugs and the fear of being watched and attacked. I fear the latter so much that I will make a dash through open spaces with windows at night.

I also have one other fear which I have not told anyone and probably won't....it's a very personal fear but I figured I might as well tell you guys that there is another one even if I never tell you what it is.

I used to have tons of fears when I was little. I used to have the animated version of The Hobbit on VHS which was the only thing I could watch besides Titanic. So I always would get freaked out at the part where the spiders captured the dwarfs and so when I was little I would have nightmares of spiders eating my entire family and their faces looking at me before they died. To add on to it I also was afraid of the dark. It wasn't like a fear where I didn't know what was in it. It was more like I could see tons of extremely scary faces with blood dripping and I could hear their screams and they all reached for me.
Whoa that's the same one that freaked me out. The only final destination I watched. Hate it :/
Scared the FUCK out of me.
I also watched one of the Final Destination movies (I don't know which one) and when everyone on the Roller Coaster died I freaked out. I still can't ride on roller coasters without shaking and freaking out (I went to Knott's Berry Farm this weekend and the entire time I just stood outside the exit waiting for my friends to get off)

I'm pretty much afraid of other people. You can consider it as sort of an extreme shyness, but I get anxiety when I have to interact with people I don't know well enough to not be afraid of them. I used to be afraid of one of my best friends, but because she was nice to me, and all of my other friends were okay with her, now I am too. It absolutely bothers me when guests on the server (or even new cool/builders) are like "Hey Zero! I know nothing about you but I have this sudden urge to GET UP IN YOUR SHIT!" ._.

Probably not massive fears but I have a general discomfort around needles and I also don't overly enjoy heights but I can handle them pretty easily.
Also, this is a pretty wierd one, but once when I was little and I had a fever and I had a whole load of strange dreams about numbers where there were numbers everywhere and I had to compute different things about them (adding, subtracting etc.) but they just kept coming. So many numbers. I don't know why, but since then about once a year I will have this dream and wake up really scared.

I also do not like the edges of mountains. I am fine with cliffs, ledges, planes, tall buildings but whenever I go skiing in switzerland and there is an edge to the path I am on I get quite nervous about accidentally going off the edge. It is specifically bad when there is a lot of clouds (as we go up quite high in the mountains) and visibility is low. Knowing that there is an edge within a short distance but not knowing exactly where is a horrible feeling.

I hate things not being neat and tidy. In conjunction with this I don't like my food being mixed. If some peas get in my mash potato I will get really annoyed. The neatness thing also causes me to be a perfectionist which has led to me not being able to write an essay because of thinking that the topic I chose is a bad one or because I think what I am writing is wrong. Luckily (or maybe unluckily) my laziness sort of counters my OCD neatness, resulting in my room being a total tip.

I'm scared of being hurt. Not spiders or bugs, but more someone will hurt me on the inside. Im afraid to fall in love too fast because of the constant fear of being hurt. I'm also afraid of being forgotten in the sense of not doing something important with my life. I'm afraid that after I die that ill just be another human to do nothing special with their life. Theres so many things I should be afraid of like death or spiders or claymation (Oh, Cathy) But i'm more afraid of emotional pain than physical pain.

Back